Story Of The Shoes

Friday, January 12, 2007

The Journey Starts

My last day in Thailand was kinda confusing. I woke up early in the morning and go to a hair salon. My first intention was just getting a hair cut, but then the hairdresser successfully persuaded me to have it straightened. It didn’t finish until noon, and my parents were getting restless for fear that I might miss my flight (which I don’t know if I should be happy or sad about that).

Finally got to the airport around 3pm. It was so crowded that I spent most of my time standing in the line, waiting to check in. Come to think about it, I should have had someone doing it for me and instead I should stay with my friends and families. I am really thankful for everyone who came to see me off, even though they made it harder for me to not crying. Also, thank you for those who couldn’t make it to the airport for all the calls.

Our new airport really surprised me in many ways. First, there’re so many shops and brand-name goods that I almost thought I was in Paragon. Second, there’re heaps of good restaurants inside. It even has IBerry!!! And I finally found all the critically acclaimed decorations, which are very fancy as well as wasteful. So now I know why it took a lot of money to build this airport.

Flying with Thai Airways made me really miss Singapore Airlines. Don’t think that I’m a traitor or anything, but SQ is just better! It has personal screen which you can control your channel and play games! But TG has good services so that’s substituted. Only the cappuccino cheese cake they served could make it all up for me. I watched Open Season (for the second time) and Material Girls starring Hilary Duff. The other times I just read newspaper or looked out the window (yes, I got a window seat). The bonus of this flight was I got a chance to see both sunset and sunrise. They were indescribably beautiful.

And that consoled me from being away from home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home