Story Of The Shoes

Friday, January 12, 2007

My Room!






So I arrived in Sydney around 7am (Aus time, which is 4 hour faster) and finally went through the immigration. Everything went well. I didn’t even have to pay for the extra weight limit. For those who didn’t see me off at the airport, I got 2 big bags weighting 25 each. So yes, I brought 50 kg in total. My dearest dad asked TG for 60 kg, but we couldn’t find a way to contact Qantas which I’d be flying with to Canberra. So I was preparing to pay a lot for the extra weight but the lady at the check-in counter just let me through without charging any money. Hurray!!!!!

An hour after that, I arrived in Canberra and met ANU officers, Carol and Stephanie, who came to pick me up at the airport. They also introduced me to Ta, another ALA awardees from Laos. We were taken to our dorm, or I should say apartment called Unilodge. It just opened on the day I arrived so I was the first 5 people who moved in. I’ve got almost everything in my room; TV, microwave, telephone, lamps, fridge, bin, toaster, electric kettle, heater, bed, and wardrobe.

In the afternoon, Stephanie took Ta and I to a bank to open bank accounts. I was given A$ 5000 cheque as establishment allowance which will be effective in a few days. Then Ta and I decided to eat in for dinner, so we bought pizza and baked it and watched Garden State that I brought with me, but couldn’t finish it as we encountered some light problem as the Sun still shone even thought it was 8pm.!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryan Marks said...

The apartment looks great. I can just picture you cooking your spaghetti with ham and broccoli. :)

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice apartment honey! xxx I'll come round and read your blog regularly na ja xxx lots of love xx

4:51 PM  
Blogger Andy_Aun said...

How lovely!! Hope you'll be fine and happy with your life there. Take care wa. Eventhough,I can't get through the internet from my workstation, but, I'll come around. And read things going on!!

Love you na.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Jesse said...

Yui,small room?? wooh its quite roomy and cozy ... how much you pay for that? I think im gunna need to find one like that soon ...

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home