Story Of The Shoes

Friday, January 12, 2007


06/01/07

Ta and I have gone house-hunting for two days now and no good news returned. I feel sorry for her as she really needs to find a house coz her sister will come to stay with her soon and Unilodge doesn’t allow guests to stay overnight. So far we saw 3 houses but none is good enough yet. The major problem is the transportation as she wants to be close to the uni so that she can walk, or it has to be near a bus stop. I am thinking about getting a bike, but still a bit scared by my biking ability and the way the traffic here works. Since I have been here, I assume that I have been walking for more than my entire life. I also discovered that my faculty is quite far from my apartment. I told you guys that I live on-campus, but the campus is HUGE!!! ANU is like TU Rangsit, or event bigger! I live in between the uni and the city while my faculty is in the back of the uni. I will certainly have to find a bus and its timetable soon.

I went to the Thai Embassy yesterday, which was quite an adventure. I asked the bus driver to drop us somewhere near the Thai Embassy and he was so kind that he dropped us exactly opposite to the Embassy. We would be extremely grateful if only it wasn’t on the highway! We did cross the road safely and when I started thinking that this trip would be fine, we got lost on the way back. It seemed like the suburb is full of international embassies and the people who live there all have cars, so every time we asked for the direction of the bus stop, they just couldn’t answer. Then someone at the embassy drove pass and showed us the way so we finally got back to the town.

At last, I bought the rice cooker and other cooking utensils. At first the rice cooker was sold out and there was only an example left on shelve. I asked the shop assistant if I could buy it, and he finally managed it for me. But I haven’t used it yet as I still don’t have any rice. However, I have cooked my dinner for 2 days now. Both are spaghetti Bolognese with cheese. Tonight is more special as I add some broccoli and smoke ham in it. The dessert is to-die-for strawberries that I finished the whole box at once ( there were around 12 of them).

I need a new menu, any suggestion?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home