Story Of The Shoes

Friday, January 12, 2007

Summary of my journals. Warning: It's a long post!

08/01/07

We were supposed to go to the Orientation at 9.15 in the morning, so I set the alarm at 8.00. You see how much time I planed to spare. However, I woke up at 7.30 and just couldn’t force myself back to sleep because of the excitement. I’ve been worried all night that my mobile phone won’t ring. Maybe I need a real clock here coz I’ll trust it more.

We didn’t do much in the morning. Just filling some forms, taking pictures, listening to the officers, were all we did. The highlight was we got free food all day( well, there’re free morning tee and biscuits and lunch, then we collected the leftover from lunch for dinner). In the afternoon we had to do an IT test coz we’ll go to some computer classes during this course and they need to know what level we are so that they’ll put us in a right group. I think I did alright. It was a multiple-choices test and “I don’t know” was one of the choices. I chose that for a couple of questions. There’re many terms that I just couldn’t figure out what they are, for example, “absolute formulas”---excuse me?


09/01/2007

I had Thai food today!!!!! It was fabulous!!!! Jacqui, Ta, Phalin(another ALA from Cambodia), and I went to an Asian restaurant run by Thai people. We ordered Tom Yum Kung, Lab Kai, and Yum Nuey. We ended up spending $10 each, which is not bad at all for those yummy dishes. After that we headed back to the apartment and watched movie. The other two haven’t watched Odd couple II and were curious about it so I showed it to them. Then Jacqui went out with her friend from South Africa while the rest of us decided to try playing pool. That’s a lot of fun and I did a very surprisingly terrific score. Maybe I’ll turn pro soon…hehe.


11/01/2007

I got my student card! But I still cannot use the internet at my place because of some technical problem. So I might just go to the library tomorrow. It makes me think of how much internet has influence over people lives. Today we do everything online, enrolling, banking, keep contacts. I’ve been driven crazy for the whole week because I could not use it. But today when I tried to enroll online, there was a problem with the network. Thus I have to go to the Admission Office and give the form to the officer who finished my enrollment in no time. So sometimes internet can help things a lot easier but at the same time can be a big pain.

Tonight Ta, Lin (Phalin), Jacqui, and I planed to cook together. Before that we went shopping and I bought a small tub of a mouth-watering fruit salad back with me for tomorrow’s breakfast. Then we went to Lin’s room and start our cooking. Lin did most of work while we just helped her with chopping and cleaning. We had fried chicken, fried beef, and chicken soup. Everything was in Chinese style and they all tasted like heaven.
After that we had been enjoying our conversations until 10 pm. Then the rest of us retired to our room.

Tomorrow we are going to have a field trip to the National Museum, which is great! Bad news is we have to walk there and it’s going be 36-38C tomorrow, plus rain.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi yui,
it's pun here, hope you're doing well na ja, i'm back in good old london, just had an exam and it went so bad. I have half a year to go until i can call it a day with my studyes.
i've just realised you write so much in your blog, keep it up na ja and hit me an email sometime,
lots of love
xxxx
pun

1:53 PM  
Blogger chocoberry said...

What's your email address?

1:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you Darling!!!

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you Darling!!!!
Take care

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home