Story Of The Shoes

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

National Museum




13/01/2007


It’s been super hot for two days now! Not only the heat, but also the dryness that are driving me crazy. Yesterday I went to the National Museum as a part of our IAP field trip. First we were supposed to walk to there, but the IAP staffs were kind enough to drive us there by using their own cars even though it’s just 20 mins walk. The museum is incredible! I’ll surely go back there again.


My friends and I spent the rest of the day at the library, surfing the internet and avoiding the heat. Finally I came back to my room and cooked. I had ham and cheese omelet with rice and steamed broccoli! It tasted alright and I’m so proud of myself! Hehe. After that I was blanked and had nothing to do so I went to the common room and met a couple of Ta’s friends from Laos. We played pool together and I finally got a chance to use the internet and update my journal.

I cleaned up my room and did all my laundry this morning. It’s quite a job but surprisingly I enjoyed doing them. In the afternoon while I was chilling and reading newspaper in the common room, the fire alarm rang. At first I wasn’t sure if it’s a false alarm or not but then people walked out of the building so I followed them. Turned out that there’s just smoke in a room and nothing more serious than that so we went back to the building after the firefighters were gone. Phew!

Finally we decided to explore the night life here. Lin, Jac, Rei (another ALA from Indonesia) and I went to a club in town called “Academy”(with no Fantasia na hehe). It was so cool as they ban smoking there so I really enjoyed dancing with my friends. We were there from 11pm-2am and did nothing but dancing like crazy. But I don’t think I’ll go back there soon as there’ll be loads of assignments waiting for me next weekend.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy that you have a great time there,,,
Have Fun!!!! Darling...

7:53 AM  
Blogger Ryan Marks said...

I want to come to AUS. I love that they can't smoke in clubs! If I go out it take 2 days to get rid of the smokey smell!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

Yui!! I told you the national museum is boring!! better skip that field trip... but clubbing is the best thing that could happen in Canberra!! haha i knida miss Canberra though... im sure i will go back there but i wont stay long oki!

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home